Why would I get a sound test?

Under TGD E of the current building regulations a sample of testing is required for all new residential developments to show the party walls and floors achieve a minimum sound resistance. The regulations require airborne sound test through party walls and floors. Impact test are also required between party floors. These regulations were introduced in 2014

Frequently Asked Questions